Chuckle of the Day – Great Writer

by Sherry Riter in Chuckle

old fashioned typewriter

There was once a young man who, in his youth, professed his desire to become a great writer.

When asked to define “great” he said, “I want to write stuff that the whole world will read, stuff that people will react to on a truly emotional level, stuff that will make them scream, cry, howl in pain and anger!”

He now works for Microsoft, writing error messages.

error message

1 Lori April 8, 2010 at 8:54 pm

Too funny. I had to share that with my teenage son, he's still laughing.

2 Valerie April 8, 2010 at 8:57 pm

Ahh, yes. He has become quite successful 😉

3 Wendy April 8, 2010 at 9:45 pm

I thought I was the only one who was having chocolate and sugar fits!!

4 Jenn April 8, 2010 at 9:52 pm

Funny!! 🙂

Also, I'm wondering if you would be interested in participating in my Mom Blogger Contest for $100 Cash prize during the month of April for

The details are here

Thanks for considering! I think your readers will really enjoy this too since they get a free tutu making lesson!

5 McVal April 8, 2010 at 9:57 pm

As a computer programmer, I'm chuckling!! Yes, I write things like that too. I must be successful!

6 Deborah April 8, 2010 at 11:32 pm

This is so funny! My husband doesn't want anything to do with computers and he loves chocolate chip cookies…now if he thought he could have cookies sent to his home on a regular basis, he might consider at least learning how to turn a computer on. 😀

7 Abeyance April 9, 2010 at 3:46 am

what a fun and creative blog, love it!!!! it is very witty!

8 PJ April 9, 2010 at 6:25 am

LOL! You aren't going to believe this, but when I first tried to comment on this post, it brought up an error message saying that the "network was busy, or something like that, anyway blogger wouldn't let it come up and it told me to try again later! LOL!