Not My Job!

by Sherry Riter in Men's Meme

Men's meme

It is time for my blog’s testosterone injection. When I read the topic for this week’s men’s meme I nearly rolled over laughing. I am thinking to myself, “This should be good.” So I just called my husband Tom to dictate his answer to me. His comments will be in BLUE.

“Hi Tom. It is time for the men’s meme question so I need you to dictate the answer to me.”

“Okay,” he said.

“So the question for the Families Again meme is:

How do you divide up the work at home? Do you help out with housework?” I tried to ask without laughing.

Tom exclaimed, “That question is for me?!”

“Yes.”

“Alright. These are things I do regularly:

• replace toilet paper on roll in bathroom
  • keep toilet paper stocked in the bathroom
  • wipe the mirrors in bathroom and wipe other things within my comfortable reach Don’t you love that…”comfortable reach”
  • often use the magic eraser on the bathroom walls, both sides of the shower curtain and other things within comfortable reach
  • less often (once a month) clean bathroom thoroughly including toilet, floor, baseboards Just as an FYI I clean the bathroom every other day.
  • more often than not I clean up my crumbles and dribbles of food and beverages from kitchen surfaces That would make the ratio 51% cleans to 49% leaves it there for me to clean.
  • often place whites in washer, wash, dry and fold
  • often wash colors that I am authorized, have clearance or allowed to touch, then dry and fold
  • always gather, bag and remove garbage
  • occasionally dust and polish side tables I’ve seen this happen twice in four years. Is that what “occasionally” means?
  • often fold couch afghans and return cushions and pillows to proper order
  • rarely vacuum I would say “never” vacuums.
  • rarely help with dishes But, I might add, he has no problem eating what was on the dishes.
  • almost never prepare or serve food

“That’s pretty much it.”

“Thank you Tom.”

“You’re welcome. That was kind of fun. It starts me thinking about the emancipation of women.”

Oh yeah, right. I guess you get the picture.

1950's wife

Share/Bookmark

1 PJ January 10, 2010 at 2:37 am

Hey Gal! I loved your interview! Your in-between comments cracked me up! At least you have a (part-time chore doer) LOL! Mine always tells me "I used to do that when I was single." Sometimes I'm tempted to say well, let's pretend you're single again… and PUT YOUR PLATE IN THE SINK. Only thing is, I might end up single! LOL!

Fantastic interview!

Love ya bunches!

PJ

2 Shawn January 10, 2010 at 3:29 am

Hilarious! My hubby only does three things around the house—-take out the trash, take the dishes out of the dishwasher once in a while, and do his own laundry….

And, yes, we both work.

3 Tim Tinkel - Families Again January 10, 2010 at 3:41 am

Thanks Redhead Riter and Redhead Riter husband,

That was great! You know, I really need to think about how I'm going to answer those questions before I ask them. I have know idea how I'm going to answer this one. I think I had better start thinking about this one now!

Tim

4 Diana January 10, 2010 at 1:16 pm

Hey, I thoroughly enjoyed your interview!

I "might" be brave enough to do the same. I don't think it will take long!! HA

5 Oh Sew Good January 10, 2010 at 1:26 pm

Hey Tom, husband of Red Riter, I think I'm going to show your list to my husband.

6 Scrappy Girl January 10, 2010 at 2:20 pm

That's way more than Dr. Hubby does!

7 The Redhead Riter January 10, 2010 at 3:27 pm

I hope he doesn't read the comments! I wanted you all to tell him he wasn't doing enough!!! Are we all 1950's ladies? LOL

8 When did I become my Mom January 10, 2010 at 5:28 pm

Hahaha – Love how it starts out – That's for ME?!

9 Teresha@Marlie and Me January 10, 2010 at 6:35 pm

nice try Tom, but some of your answers are repetitive. ;-D i.e. listing several tasks you perform in the bathroom should only count as one chore. I give you an A for effort though. I wonder how my hubs would do in this interview? He does 95% of the cooking and swears he should get a gold medal in the husband Olympics because of this.

10 Sally Lee™ January 10, 2010 at 7:45 pm

I'm so glad that I found you through Get Your Blog Followers on Facebook. This is witty, intelligent and I think I'm addicted so you've done your job.

From one redhead to another…yes, Redheads Rock!

11 Teresa @ ? TOO MANY HEARTBEATS ? January 10, 2010 at 8:17 pm

'Comfortable Reach'…LOL! I love it!

I have tried several times this week to comment but I was unable to. My computer has been acting up. Actually, I think I messed things up when I was fooling with some of the settings. Anyway, I'm glad to finally get things back in working order so I can 'talk' to everyone. I hope you had a great Christmas and that this year is absolutely FABULOUS for you and your precious family.

{{HUGS}}

Teresa <><

12 Teresa @ ? TOO MANY HEARTBEATS ? January 10, 2010 at 8:17 pm

'Comfortable Reach'…LOL! I love it!

{{HUGS}}