Happy Birthday To Me

by Sherry Riter in Birthday

Yes, January 17th is my birthday.

I’ve been blessed to live another year with my wonderful family and friends. I have the opportunity to learn, improve, share, laugh and love.

Winnie The Pooh is my all time favorite character…

So on my birthday, I am dedicating the following song to myself.

without you both, I wouldn’t be here.
I love you.

by Henry Van Dyke
    Let me but live my life from year to year,
    With forward face and unreluctant soul;
    Not hurrying to, nor turning from the goal;
    Not mourning for the things that disappear
    In the dim past, nor holding back in fear
    From what the future veils; but with a whole
    And happy heart, that pays its toll
    To Youth and Age, and travels on with cheer.

So let the way wind up the hill or down,
    O’er rough or smooth, the journey will be joy:
    Still seeking what I sought when but a boy,
    New friendship, high adventure, and a crown,
    My heart will keep the courage of the quest,
    And hope the road’s last turn will be the best.

1 Jennifer January 17, 2010 at 2:04 am

Happy Birthday! Wishing you the best through out the year.

2 sohamolina January 17, 2010 at 4:26 am

Happy birthday:) guess what? Jan 17 is MY birthday too. Happy birthday to us fabulous Capricorns:)

3 Steph Jordan January 17, 2010 at 5:04 am

You are too beautiful!!! Happy birthdy! Life is good.

4 KK January 17, 2010 at 5:37 am

Happy Birthday!

5 Possum January 17, 2010 at 6:19 am

Have a fabulous Birthday!

6 Tania @ Larger Family Life January 17, 2010 at 6:25 am

Happy Birthday Red! Why do birthdays seem to come around quicker the older you get?!

7 Anonymous January 17, 2010 at 6:28 am

Little black rocking chair, little pink pjs with feet in them, bouncy red curls on a three yr. old and Poo. As I listened to the song, memories flooded my mine and heart. Oh if I could go back ,I would clean less and hug more. I stood at the den door unknowing to you and watched you sitting in front of the tv, two feet from it and wondered what I ever did to deserve such a beautiful child. To this day, I still wonder and so thankful to my Heavenly Father for you and your sister. I love you my Sherry, with all my heart. Nothnig and no one has loved me as you do. I will leave this life better because of you, for when they placed you in my arms 47 years ago, you changed my life. Happy Birthday my beautiful daugher, in every way.

8 The Redhead Riter January 17, 2010 at 6:47 am

Thank you everyone! I'm about to go to bed because Alyssa said she has a surprise for me and I have to get up at 8:00 a.m.

Thank you Mom. I'm so glad that I am your daughter because not only have you been a fantastic mother, you are a wonderful woman. I remember and still have my little black rocking chair. It was so fun being your little child…we ate fun food together, played and you hugged on me all the time. I especially remember you reading me stories when you tucked me into bed even though I would eventually jump in yours between you and dad. I love you Mom.

9 Cathe Holden January 17, 2010 at 7:45 am

Happy Wonderful Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!

10 Cynthia Schuerr January 17, 2010 at 12:12 pm

You are full of warmth and love. That's what happens when you have a wonderful childhood.
Happy Birthday to you!

11 Dame Nuisance January 17, 2010 at 5:08 pm

Congratulations, felicitations, many, many happy returns of the day!

12 Teresha@Marlie and Me January 17, 2010 at 5:43 pm

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
You look like a beauty
and you have big brains too!

p.s. I can see Alyssa in you in this pic

13 Kia January 17, 2010 at 5:49 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Have a wonderful day =0)

14 Renee January 17, 2010 at 5:53 pm

Happy Birthday! I hope you have an awesome day!

15 mom2three January 17, 2010 at 6:34 pm

Happy Birthday! I hope your day was fabulous!

16 The Redhead Riter January 17, 2010 at 11:09 pm

Thank you all! I am having such an awesome day! I should turn 47 all the time! LOL

17 PJ January 17, 2010 at 11:43 pm

Hey Gal! Beautiful Post! Happy Birthday once again. I don't believe one can have too many birthday wishes. A special day with family couldn't make for a better birthday, huh?

Love ya Bunches!

18 Sandra January 18, 2010 at 1:55 am

Happy Birthday!!!

19 Anonymous January 18, 2010 at 6:44 am

Well I read all these comments and i think they are all wonderful. Thank you for wishing my wonderful mother a happy 47th birthday. As for the comment from Nanny and you (Mom,) they made me cry. I, also, am so grateful to have a wonderful mother like you. I try to tell you often but sometimes it just doesn't show. So here, Mom, your a great mother and i couldn't have had a better mother in the whole universe(; I hope you don't read this in public because your probably crying by now. i love you
-Your only daughter, Alyssa

20 bluecottonmemory January 24, 2010 at 5:36 am

Happy Belated Birthday! I always wondered what you looked like beneath those beautiful eyes! You definitely look too young to have a teenage daughter! I'm a huge winnie the pooh fan, but I love Beatrix Potter, too! I hope you day was Birthdaylicious!

May your year be full of joy, security, surprises, answered prayers, and laughter – lots of laughter, maybe a miracle if you need one, and good food! Defnitely good food, too!