The 11th Commandment

by Sherry Riter in Alyssa,Time,Weather

This morning ended my very long vacation and also school was back in session. Stepping outside to take Alyssa to school, we were hit with an icy cold wind. I don’t know how people live in below zero temperatures! I had on pants, shirt, sweats jacket with hood, mid-calf length down coat with hood, mittens and a scarf wrapped around my face. I looked like the abominable snowman and the cold wind still took my breath away.

In the car we were both quiet. Our body clocks are not set to be up early in the morning. We do best staying up until 3:00 a.m. and sleeping until 9:00 a.m., but since money doesn’t grow on trees and neither does an education, we both have to get up. It wouldn’t have been so bad this morning except that for two weeks we have been on “our” schedule which meant that last night we did not get our beauty sleep. I actually had several people comment on my bloodshot eye today. Oh yeah, I was gorgeous.

So imagine us both totally bundled yet still cold, donned with our makeup, sitting in a cold vehicle, traveling to school very quietly. Then we both see it at the same time…the moon.

The moon was shining very bright and white directly in front of us.

How can that be? We are expected to be performing at top speed now…with the moon shining…after 2 1/2 hours sleep?

That’s when I decided that there should be an 11th Commandment.

“Thou shalt not get up before the moon has completely disappeared from sight.”

Alyssa agrees with me.

We think it should be against the law to leave your house that early to go to work or school when the moon is still hanging in the sky.

Don’t you think that is a great idea?

1 S.I.F. January 5, 2010 at 3:12 am

I agree completely! I have NEVER been a morning person, and I too sported the red eyes today after 4 days of sleep-ins… I felt better once I noticed that I wasn't the only one though. It seemed like everyone was dragging today!

2 Kate January 5, 2010 at 4:08 am

I am SO with you!

3 PJ January 5, 2010 at 4:36 am

I thought that many times when I had to get up and go to work in the wee hours of the morning (6am-2pm) or late at night 10pm -6 am. If the suns not out, we shouldn't be required to leave our houses if we don't want to. LOL! It was so cold here today, I didn't want to get out, but had to anyway.

4 PJ January 5, 2010 at 4:39 am

I love your picture of the chimp. He looks familiar! LOL! By the way, where is the Men's Meme? My button isn't working, so I thought I would try it again.

5 PJ January 5, 2010 at 4:46 am

Hey Gal, Please forgive and disregard the last dumb question I asked. I found the Men Meme and will be posting shortly (I hope)

Love and Prayers,

6 Oh Sew Good January 5, 2010 at 10:50 am

A wonderful idea but what about the days when both the sun and moon are still seen in the sky? 🙂

7 The Redhead Riter January 5, 2010 at 12:45 pm

Well Oh Sew Good, if the sun and moon are both in the sky at once, it means that you do not leave the house LOL Everyone calls off from work and school and you lounge around in your pj's.

8 Teresha@Marlie and Me January 5, 2010 at 3:31 pm

That must have been a beautiful sight! I love the morning…always been an early bird. If I stay up past 11 pm, that's a late night for me. I almost lost my mind when Marlie was nursing every 2 hours. I couldn't function. I need my beautiful sleep!

9 Tesa January 5, 2010 at 11:12 pm

I agree, I could never live anywhere colder than Cleveland. I can't stand winter and also think it should be a law that you have to go to work or school when the moon is still up! That is just far too early!

10 Christine:) January 6, 2010 at 3:09 am

I felt cold while reading this! LOL. As a former night-shifter, I agree. There is something just not right about having to be up and at 'em when the moon is out.