I’m not really the “bring me flowers” or “buy me diamonds” kind of girl. I usually enjoy chocolate, ice cream, books, a camera or a new computer program more. If you haven’t noticed, I changed my template a little bit. I created double columns to the right which enabled me to reduce the size of the footer. I also added a textured background image while the postings will be set against a white background. I found a couple widgets that list the “Top Commentors” and counts the number of postings and comments made on the entire blog. Everything is just a little more streamlined. Needless to say, I was really excited about the changes. It feels like moving the furniture in a room, vacuuming and discovering that the room feels larger.
My blog alacrity doesn’t really transcend to my husband and daughter. They support me and often read my postings, but I can’t really call their reactions enthusiastic. Imagine my surprise when my husband walks in with a billion roses and declares that it is in honor of my new blog template.
At first I thought an alien had abducted the real Tom and then I thought he was just being sarcastic. Neither was true. He really did buy me “flowers” to celebrate changing my “blog’s template” – Hell is probably going to freeze over tonight.
I am definitely feeling special. I guess he doesn’t realize that the few changes I made to this blog do not even come close to the creation of the other seven blogs. Maybe he is actually apologizing (in a man’s way) for harassing me so terribly when I was creating the other blogs. It doesn’t really matter at this point because I am not giving up the flowers. I do hope, however, that Tom now realizes that blogging is more than sitting down and typing. I’ve made friends, won contests, laughed, cried and feel a little bit of the woman named Sherry coming back to life again.
It is so easy to get lost in between being a mother, wife, sister, aunt, daughter, employee, and church member, paying the bills, cooking, vacuuming, sewing, grocery shopping, washing dishes, laundry, scrubbing floors, cleaning bathrooms, polishing furniture, scrubbing baseboards, and driving hither and tither.
My life is rather chaotic right now.
- Tomorrow Tom has surgery on his back and it is a good time to do it because
- he lost his job last week due to downsizing
- The possibility of Tom not getting another job soon is terrifying
- I have a giant bookcase that I am fixing for Alyssa standing in the middle of my living room
- I don’t feel the holiday spirit and everywhere is starting to look and sound like Christmas
- I have another birthday in less than two months…ick
- I miss my best friend, my little pooch, Evette, desperately (she passed away September 2008 and she had the same metamorphosis as the Velveteen Rabbit – she became real…human almost)
- And lastly, my daughter is growing up too fast
Today, I am just basically a mess. So I’m going to smell my yellow flowers and eat a bowl of pecan sprinkled vanilla bean ice cream slathered with chocolate syrup . Isn’t that how you are supposed to drown your misery?
life and fame are meaningless.”
Check out the short posts on my other blogs.
You might find something helpful.