Willard Wigan – Hopeless Failure?

by Sherry Riter in Art  ,Different

“Success is determined by those
whom prove the impossible, possible.”

~James W. Pence~

Hard to believe…

An artist…

His tools include painting with the hair from a house fly’s back.

He works mostly at night because there is less dust and static.

His works of art are smaller than the head of pin or the eye of a needle.

He can’t read or write.

How much did he sell his collection for…you won’t believe it.

Watch this 2:39 minute video and be amazed.

It is hard to fathom the detail in each piece of his art.

The next time you are feeling hopeless, remember Willard Wigan and his humble beginnings.

“A little more persistence,
a little more effort,
and what seemed hopeless failure
may turn to glorious success.”

~Elbert Hubbard~

Willard’s website

1 Mama Mel August 2, 2009 at 4:54 am

Wow! That is amazing! Thanks for sharing! 🙂

2 Helen McGinn August 2, 2009 at 9:27 am

Incredible; the kids have just had a life lesson from this. xx

3 Cindy @ Chalk it Up! August 2, 2009 at 10:15 am

My mouth is hanging open:o
He said, "I'm trying to prove that nothing doesn't exist." Well, he's done it!
Profound and amazing!
I'm so happy for his success.
Thank you for sharing this. It gives a lot of food for thought.
It is a little sad that he inhaled Alice. But I guess that's one of the hazards of the job-hehe
Have a great day!

4 natalee August 2, 2009 at 12:41 pm

That is absolutely mind blowing..my friend was laughing at the tagline i put over your button on my blog.. I adore my red highlights..LOL!!!!

5 Sandra Winn August 2, 2009 at 2:02 pm

Wow, just wow! What an amazing and talented artist. Good for him, proving to his teachers that made him feel like "nothing", eat their almighty words.

Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful story. If someone buys his little works of art for $600,000 they're getting a good deal. 🙂

Hugs ~ Sandy

BTW, I started a new blog yesterday that's more general. However, I'm going to write on it and my other one once to three times a week so I can become an awesome bloggy friend like you! 🙂

Here it is: http://sandrawinn.net

6 Under the Influence August 2, 2009 at 2:59 pm

That is AMAZING! I posted the video link on my Facebook page. Thanks for sharing it.

7 Oh Sew Good August 2, 2009 at 3:30 pm

I get irked when I hear comments like his and how the teachers made him feel small. What gives them the right? Nonetheless, he made lemonade from lemons. Good for him!

8 Scrappy Girl August 2, 2009 at 3:51 pm

What a great story! thanks for sharing…I learn so much here.

9 Kimberly August 2, 2009 at 6:02 pm

That's amazing!

10 Tina August 2, 2009 at 8:21 pm

that is amazing. the art work is adorable

11 Teresha and Damon August 2, 2009 at 8:54 pm

TFS! I am speechless! What a great inspirational story.
My favorite part of the video was when he said he inhaled Alice in Wonderland, LMAO!

12 Kristen Andrews August 2, 2009 at 9:44 pm

wow, I haven't seen anything like that before so cool thanks for sharing.

13 Life with Kaishon August 3, 2009 at 4:34 am

Wow. I just couldn't believe that! Really amazing. I am so glad this artist is so patient and persistent. Facinating! And 20 million dollars. Can you even imagine?

14 RetroCollage January 3, 2011 at 6:33 am

Astonishing people with seeming impossible creations is a lot of fun.

I enjoy building things in bottles, anything but a ship! I specialize in building chairs with woven seats in square bottles, anywhere from an inch and a half high to a 5 gallon jug. Then I put a trick stopper in so there is a rod under the stopper below the shoulders of the bottle. I haven't marketed them on the web yet but will eventually.