Sign Finally Explained

by Sherry Riter in Humor

This is just a crazy sign.
I know that they are not sitting in the trees and hiding.
They can’t chase me down the road driving the airplane like a car.

I can’t help but think that when you see this sign…

The police airplane is going to see you speeding…

And because you are disobeying the law it will do this…

Which will make your car look like this…

There’s no escape!

Oh, and as a side hint about police who ARE in cars…
If you decide to drive your husband or wife’s car one day, make sure that he/she has the inspection and registration up to date. Because if you don’t and those handsome men in police uniforms stops you, he won’t give your husband or wife the ticket….you will get that lovely piece of yellow paper with all the writing on it that tells you to visit the courthouse on a certain day and see the judge.
Guess who has a ticket and it isn’t a golden ticket to see Willy Wonka?

Add to Technorati Favorites

1 Tammy Howard July 25, 2009 at 11:02 am

I am forwarding this to my BIL, because the 'Speed Enforced by Aircraft' signs are ridiculous to him, too – we have had this very conversation several times. When we saw the new Star Trek (well, new-ish, anyway) and young Kirk is speeding along in his hot little ride and is pulled over by cops in their flying vehicles I said right out loud in the theater: "Speed Enforced by Aircraft!" and then I giggled to myself, even though no-one else thought it was very funny. (when I say out loud, I don't mean to imply that I'm one of those obnoxious people who feels the need to express their views to the whole theater. I whispered it to my husband. And when I say no-one else thought it was funny, I pretty much mean him).

Sorry about the long comment – feeling a bit wordy this morning!

Ooooh – and sorry about the ticket, too! Bummer!

2 Badass Geek July 25, 2009 at 11:38 am

Bummer, dude.

3 Debbie in Nashville July 25, 2009 at 3:17 pm

Yeah I always thought those signs were funny because they don't mean what you think they mean.

Have a wonderful weekend!?

4 AB HOME Interiors July 25, 2009 at 4:38 pm

Holy shiz! That is scary who knew!!

5 TubOfLard July 25, 2009 at 5:14 pm

Sorry about the ticket.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

6 Lee July 25, 2009 at 5:28 pm

Do they land on your car?? I have never seen anything like that!! Do they have that in Texas??

7 Rbarakat July 25, 2009 at 6:05 pm

HA HA! Cute post!

8 Helene July 25, 2009 at 7:54 pm

Do you know I've never ever seen a sign like that?? So do they just land on the side of the freeway and bust you?

And I also have no clue where my husband keeps our registration info in either of our cars. I guess I better learn quick, huh? Good thing I read this post today!

9 yonca July 25, 2009 at 9:26 pm

Your lovely blog received an award. Please come on over and claim it! Have a great weekend!

10 valentine July 25, 2009 at 10:45 pm

wow, they are really stepping up on the speeding. getting a frickin rocket propelled at me might get me to slow down. what a great deterrent.

11 I am Harriet July 25, 2009 at 11:29 pm

Hi there.
I just wanted to thank you for joining the July Comment Challenge.
I have something new going on in August. Come on by and check it out.
Great post!

12 DNLee July 25, 2009 at 11:37 pm

happy Saturday Shrefest. thanks for stopping by. very nice blog

13 The Rudy Family July 25, 2009 at 11:54 pm

Pretty funny. That is exactly how I pictured it! Have you checked out theBlogFrog? You should!

14 Kimberly July 26, 2009 at 12:04 am

Well, the signs do work, since I've always believed them! 🙂

15 Sugar Boogers & Tantrums July 26, 2009 at 3:55 am

I've known people who have gotten tickets from those. They send them in the mail. Have a good night!